is a state agency responsible for natural resources management that comprises
of four departments and six independent bureaus as well as a high council and a
natural resources guard, with
32 natural resources administrations or General Directorates at provincial
level. These four departments are as
1- Forestry Department
2- Conservation and Land Affairs Department
3- Watershed Management, Range & Desert Affairs Department
4- Planning, Management and Resources Development Department
Conservation, restoration, sustainable development and
exploitation of forests, rangelands, wooded lands, coastal areas and soil and
water conservation based on sustainable development approach and through
- Formulation of policies and strategies for natural resources and integrated watershed management as well as implementation of development programs for natural resources and watershed management within the goals of sustainable development.
- Conservation, protection and sustainable
utilization of forests, rangelands, deserts and watershed basins throughout the
Determination and delineation of public and private lands to secure the state
sovereignty over national property.
- Study the watersheds throughout the country
aimed at planning and formulating integrated plans and implementation of
natural resources and watershed management projects.
- Development of timber cropping and man-made
forests and rangelands and restoration of degraded forests and rangelands, with
emphasis on genetic resources and biodiversity conservation.
- Improvement of efficiency of executive
activities through optimum planning and monitoring.
- Optimization of production and exploitation
systems of natural resources and watershed management, using indigenous
- Mobilization of public participation of
individuals and legal entities in natural resources and watershed management
- Formulation, commissioning and updating of
natural resources and watershed management communication system aimed at
boosting public awareness and developing a culture that respects natural
- Development of management and human resources
aimed at enhancing organizational productivity and effectiveness.